1) Bioremediation is a natural process.
2) It is cost effective.
3) Toxic chemicals are destroyed or removed from environment and not just merely separated.
4) Low capital expenditure.
5) Less energy is required as compared to other technologies
6) Less manual supervision.
1) The process of bioremediaiton is slow. Time required is in day to months.
2) Heavy metals are not removed.
3) For insitu bioremediation site must have soil with high permeability.
4) It does not remove all quantities of contaminants.
5) Substantial gaps exist in the understanding of microbial ecology, physiology and genetic expression and site expression and site engineering. A stronger scientific base is required for rational designing of process and success.